Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

So now all pub's, restaurants, cinemas basically all entertainment closes the staff are layed off. How do these people survive many will be paying rent doubt they have the savings to survive without government support. So I honestly believe a national wage for all workers sacked needs to be given otherwise people are literally going to be homeless penniless. 

There'll be no govt help with the Tories in charge. They'll just expect everyone has trust funds to dip into!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

My wife is self isolating due to the anti-cancer drugs she is on, which means we are sleeping in separate bedrooms, separate sofas etc,  I am shopping and cooking all the meals (which we both prefer),

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

So now all pub's, restaurants, cinemas basically all entertainment closes the staff are layed off. How do these people survive many will be paying rent doubt they have the savings to survive without government support. So I honestly believe a national wage for all workers sacked needs to be given otherwise people are literally going to be homeless penniless. 

My wife's cousin works for Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew member and has just been given two months unpaid leave. 

Apparently it would only cost Branson (who is worth £4 billion) approx. 38m to pay his staff while they're without work, but of course he won't do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

My wife's cousin works for Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew member and has just been given two months unpaid leave. 

Apparently it would only cost Branson (who is worth £4 billion) approx. 38m to pay his staff while they're without work, but of course he won't do that.

This feels like a dreadful time for people like Branson to stick by ultra-capitalist views. A bit of compassion would go a long way right now. If they want to leave will they still have to hand in a month's notice? If so, why? This isn't a sodding holiday for people, this is potentially not being able to pay the bills in times of a global crisis. Unpaid leave, pah.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This feels like a dreadful time for people like Branson to stick by ultra-capitalist views. A bit of compassion would go a long way right now. If they want to leave will they still have to hand in a month's notice? If so, why? This isn't a sodding holiday for people, this is potentially not being able to pay the bills in times of a global crisis. Unpaid leave, pah.

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

  • Like 6
  • Angry 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

So now all pub's, restaurants, cinemas basically all entertainment closes the staff are layed off. How do these people survive many will be paying rent doubt they have the savings to survive without government support. So I honestly believe a national wage for all workers sacked needs to be given otherwise people are literally going to be homeless penniless. 

This is my major concern as I'm in the catering and hospitality industry, and the office where I work has implemented work from home to all staff!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trekkers said:

This is my major concern as I'm in the catering and hospitality industry, and the office where I work has implemented work from home to all staff!

Meals on wheels 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

He doesn't just want to stop paying his employees to save money, he wants 'saving' by the government. He can sod right off. Economically, Virgin are gonna be fine. Imagine there's a ton of small businesses making heart wrenching decisions to lose staff who won't get a penny and they'll probably still go under and need to start from scratch.

  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Euros are set to be played in 2021, 11th June to 11th July according to the Norwegians. 

I'd sooner believe Tony Pulis than someone from Norway, but I think they might be on to something here 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

approx 5 out of every 7 secondary/college child isn't getting ready for exams, and are learning new stuff

I thought we were talking about kids not being able to take exams?  They should still be able to take them.

 

11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

suuuuuuuuuure, I bet it's a really easy profession and financially rewarding 🤨

Three months off a year, no weekends and they want it to make them rich as well!  Flabbergasting 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I thought we were talking about kids not being able to take exams?  They should still be able to take them.

 

Three months off a year, no weekends and they want it to make them rich as well!  Flabbergasting 😲

Not to mention the countless ours every day where they just sleep behind the desk while showing some old video on the VHS machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

 Yes this ( I left school with no qualifications) nice guy self made billionaire has shown his true colours, the mask has slipped, an absolute fraud, who's shown himself to be a ruthless business man with no compassion for others. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Don't want anyone smelling a rat here despite the fact that of the 493 posts so far I have accounted for 485 of them lol!
    • Sorry have to disagree as clearly the "older" managers who are so set in their ways have hampered Boro and allowed us to become a very predictable and easy team to beat. Are we there yet?😏
    • Can't see anything else less than a 12 point deduction for Derby, oh but to wait for a year is so so hard to do!!!
    • Ahh of course, and I suppose were the only team in the league who has suffered from injuries?
    • Given that Howe would cost the equivalent of six Championship players, then his team would like double that, so we would be faced with a choice of a decent management team that would have no cash for players or the possibility of a decent foundation for whoever comes in when money starts to flow again. As the priority is likely to be ensuring survival, then we have the choice of gritting our teeth and supporting our team or turning our backs and walking away. Being beyond hope, I can't do the latter, so like every other time, I will wait it out because things can only get better..    hopefully 🙂  

×
×
  • Create New...