oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Senator McCarthy back from the grave I see

No not quite but I lived through the times of labour rule and experienced it’s vice grip on workers and businesses, the incompetent decisions it promoted while lining unionists bank accounts, but I’ll give them credit for the NHS.  

• Like 1

The forum is starting to mimic the daily rags with conspiracy theory’s and speculative rumors.

The world is gripped by a virus not witnessed before yet we have thousands of experts giving advice and the “I thinkers“  who claim not enough is being done. 
The people need unity, guidance and comfort that all that can be done is being done and the media should be condemned for the way it’s reporting and promoting hysteria.

The virus which is not a flu,  is going to be around for some time, it may even evolve and get more resilient and for sure the death toll is going to be horrendous but it’s not yet reached figures a flu has, not yet anyway. 

WHO. Based on current evidence, Covid-19 has the potential to kill more people and cause more hospitalisations than seasonal influenzas. However, it hasn’t done so yet, because so far it hasn’t spread as widely as seasonal flu.

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

Who knows where we are heading but if ever there was a time for community calm and unity its now. Support and help each other. 

• Like 3

Join a local community covid19 help group, offer to shop or do errands for those that are self-isolating or elderly without transport. There are loads of Facebook and WhatsApp groups up and down the country that have been set up to make a difference. It’s time for us all to try and help one another, not to panic buy for ourselves. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The forum is starting to mimic the daily rags with conspiracy theory’s and speculative rumors.

The world is gripped by a virus not witnessed before yet we have thousands of experts giving advice and the “I thinkers“  who claim not enough is being done. 
The people need unity, guidance and comfort that all that can be done is being done and the media should be condemned for the way it’s reporting and promoting hysteria.

The virus which is not a flu,  is going to be around for some time, it may even evolve and get more resilient and for sure the death toll is going to be horrendous but it’s not yet reached figures a flu has, not yet anyway. 

WHO. Based on current evidence, Covid-19 has the potential to kill more people and cause more hospitalisations than seasonal influenzas. However, it hasn’t done so yet, because so far it hasn’t spread as widely as seasonal flu.

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

Who knows where we are heading but if ever there was a time for community calm and unity its now. Support and help each other. 

Agree with the help, just yesterday was chatting to a elderly guy living near to me who because the shelves were always empty when he could get to the local shops had been using newspaper for toilet purposes. So I gave him a couple of rolls from my stockpile…..kidding! the delight on his face (and possible comfort for his bum) was thanks enough.

Calmness has to come from Government but there will always be greedy people out there

• Like 1

I wonder what clubs will do about season ticket early birds. Seems ridiculous to even ask in a time like this but the deadline is approaching and we don’t even know when the next match will be played or whether there will be a full season. Can’t believe it’s only 5 days since the Swansea match was postponed. Things moving so quickly yet it seems like months ago. 

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Barnet have laid off all non-playing staff, would it be possible for Boro to lay off one or two of our “playing” staff at this time? It could save the club quite a lot of money. 

Just the tip of the iceberg, so many people are going to be either laid off or put on long-term unpaid vacation in all industries, not just football

It will be interesting to see whether FFP is abolished now. It seems unreasonable to expect clubs with huge outgoings on player salaries and stadium maintenance but no income from matchday attendances to balance their books. 

It's possible broadcasters won't even make scheduled payments to the leagues if matches aren't taking place. Yet I bet every Boro player will be receiving their full salary, even if they're asked to stay at home rather than train or play any games.

4 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Well said! 

We need to put politics aside, take the advice that's being issued (as far as practical) and trust that the government is doing it's level best to minimise the spread, deaths and economic impacts. 

As I mentioned before - all the world's medical experts failed to stop this becoming a pandemic, so I don't know why anyone would expect ours to be better informed or prepared. 

It may be a meme but the best we can do is to keep calm and carry on (as best we can in the circumstances). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

It will be interesting to see whether FFP is abolished now. It seems unreasonable to expect clubs with huge outgoings on player salaries and stadium maintenance but no income from matchday attendances to balance their books. 

It's possible broadcasters won't even make scheduled payments to the leagues if matches aren't taking place. Yet I bet every Boro player will be receiving their full salary, even if they're asked to stay at home rather than train or play any games.

They EFL and PL will have to make allowances for the current situation, I reckon we're fine either way but there will be clubs right on the edge with regards to FFP who will fail without the gate receipts they would have received.

13 minutes ago, Will said:

They EFL and PL will have to make allowances for the current situation, I reckon we're fine either way but there will be clubs right on the edge with regards to FFP who will fail without the gate receipts they would have received.

They can simply ignore this year if they want to.  It's their own rules so they can do whatever they like really.