Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think we'll still be allowed to go outdoors to exercise won't we? 

In Spain people can go out to exercise or walk dogs. Together if they're from the same household I think. 

London will be locked down first so I guess we'll see what the rules are like there. It's a shame so many will undoubtedly react with panic and stockpiling... as though the government would leave us to starve in our homes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's a shame so many will undoubtedly react with panic and stockpiling

Which is probably why the police and military will end up on the streets. People are behaving like children which is how we'll have to be treated. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boroie said:

as long as it is in groups less than 10 or whatever 

I thought it would have to an individual thing.

If I can get out on the bike and go for walks then It'll be bearable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the virus and I'm really struggling to get out of bed but I have to because I have other people to look after. I'm constantly exhausted, EVERYTHING is aching and I keep going from being too hot to freezing cold and shivering. I feel really weak but this is not the illest I've ever been (it will obviously affect certain groups of people differently) but it's definitely not nice. Still don't feel the urge to stockpile toilet paper, though.

Edited by Ash
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duvel said:

Which is probably why the police and military will end up on the streets. People are behaving like children which is how we'll have to be treated. 

The military are the the worst people to help police the streets. They are not really trained in diplomacy and will tend to react aggressively to confrontation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, guineapig said:

How does it work going shopping when you're restricted to 2 items of things?  Supposing you're doing a family shop, or on behalf of isolated friends and relatives. What's to stop people going round again?

That’s the issue. There will be genuine reasons to buy loads of supplies, large families, buying for vulnerable parents/friends as well as your own but unfortunately there’s a large proportion of people who’s actions have made this necessary. It will only spike again when the government implement the next phase of control measures. So the question a lot of people will ask themselves is, if it’s going to get worse again sometime soon do they preempt and jump the gun so to speak. Vicious cycle indeed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash said:

I have the virus and I'm really struggling to get out of bed but I have to because I have other people to look after. I'm constantly exhausted, EVERYTHING is aching and I keep going from being too hot to freezing cold and shivering. I feel really weak but this is not the illest I've ever been (it will obviously affect certain groups of people differently) but it's definitely not nice. Still don't feel the urge to stockpile toilet paper, though.

I hope you feel better soon, all the best, mate. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, guineapig said:

Ash, serious question, how do you know it's not just ordinary flu.  A constant cough is one of the symptoms of this virus

This is the thing though... apparently younger people have had it and said it literally felt like a mild cold. Some people have said they are positive and have had zero symptoms (Idris Elba was one I think). Then there are others it is hitting like a freight train. 

I had a sore throat, cold and banging headache over the weekend. Feel a little achey, low energy and have chills this week. No idea what it is as can't be tested. Obviously I self-isolated anyway as can't be too careful. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash said:

I have the virus and I'm really struggling to get out of bed but I have to because I have other people to look after. I'm constantly exhausted, EVERYTHING is aching and I keep going from being too hot to freezing cold and shivering. I feel really weak but this is not the illest I've ever been (it will obviously affect certain groups of people differently) but it's definitely not nice. Still don't feel the urge to stockpile toilet paper, though.

All the best Ash. Hope you feel better soon!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed all the best Ash, not knowing if you have it or not must be difficult and when if possible would you be tested?

I went into 15 local shops today not a single egg anywhere nor toilet paper, called Daniel, he lives out in the sticks and the village shop had plenty of eggs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

This is the thing though... apparently younger people have had it and said it literally felt like a mild cold. Some people have said they are positive and have had zero symptoms (Idris Elba was one I think). Then there are others it is hitting like a freight train. 

I had a sore throat, cold and banging headache over the weekend. Feel a little achey, low energy and have chills this week. No idea what it is as can't be tested. Obviously I self-isolated anyway as can't be too careful. 

Because there are so many things going round this is why there is so much panic across the nation. COVID 19 we are told has very specific symptoms and if your cold/flu does not match  then chances are you o not have it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...