Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond


Recommended Posts

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

This app has just been launched today with researchers at Guy’s & St Thomas’ & King’s college to help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well  🙏🏼. Download the app
https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Please share the app with everyone you know on WhatsApp via a broadcast. They need to get this to a lot of people fast to collect enough data to see the hidden cases - the iceberg if you like that we are sailing into. Thank you! App is fully functional and will be more beautiful over the next few days!

Share the app and share your “well/ill” status and let’s get some data for the policy makers to work with. 


Initial feedback of the site’s inability to register children’s symptoms have been forwarded to the investigators.  Anything further you can add / feedback will all help to capture what’s going on in the community vs just what we’re capturing in tertiary care.  It all helps.  Thank you so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

They have a phone App in Singapore and / or South Korea which traces people who have tested positive so people know in real time where all confirmed cases are.  I guess this is a key part of the "dance" strategy.  But to get to that position, most of the world still has to go through an intense isolation period.  We just have to do it, I think this article is very good.

 

I worry for the US people with there insane leader threatening to reopen the country in weeks because he's losing too much money in his hotels and stocks.

 

 

Isn’t he just saying what all world leaders are saying? The lockdown here is for 3 weeks but will be reassessed and extended if needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

I worry for the US people with there insane leader threatening to reopen the country in weeks because he's losing too much money in his hotels and stocks.

It's dreadfully worrying watching the garbage he comes out with, the way he belittled it as a democrat hoax for so long causing his supporters to believe that too (there was a breakdown showing 70% republicans didnt think it was dangerous, vs 40% democrats, independents were 50/50). 

Also he went off half cocked about that chloroquine 'miracle cure' and 2 people took it (1 died) https://www.bbc.com/news/52012242

Quote

"We saw his press conference. It was on a lot, actually," she said. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of Trump says is what his voters want to hear. He delivers it in a way that us Brits think is ludicrous. I wouldn’t worry about him to much 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, whilst Trump was a *** moron for declaring it a hoax and whatnot, he's not gonna re-open the country in 3 weeks if it's not safe to do so. He needs to navigate this period incredibly carefully now, even if he is doing it for entirely the wrong reasons; to remain politically powerful.

I wonder how long his die-hard 'fans' will last if they start losing people to the virus. Some will happily look the other way. Some surely won't. Or maybe I have far too much faith in humanity over there, they could end up turning round and saying 'Trump works in mysterious ways' or, of course, just blaming the Chinese.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, whilst Trump was a *** moron for declaring it a hoax and whatnot, he's not gonna re-open the country in 3 weeks if it's not safe to do so. He needs to navigate this period incredibly carefully now, even if he is doing it for entirely the wrong reasons; to remain politically powerful.

I wonder how long his die-hard 'fans' will last if they start losing people to the virus. Some will happily look the other way. Some surely won't. Or maybe I have far too much faith in humanity over there, they could end up turning round and saying 'Trump works in mysterious ways' or, of course, just blaming the Chinese.

I think you have the right of it there unfortunately. Trump is a dangerous idiot, but a popular one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boroie said:

I think you have the right of it there unfortunately. Trump is a dangerous idiot, but a popular one. 

I don’t think Trump is an idiot. But as he isn’t a politician either he’s attacking the Way of running a country the way he knows best, and that’s In a business way. The way he does his business is very aggressively that’s why he either makes billions or Goes bust. 
The rest of it is just showmanship for the voters as Wilson eluded to. I personally like watching him in the same sort of way people can help and look at a car crash 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uwe said:

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

This app has just been launched today with researchers at Guy’s & St Thomas’ & King’s college to help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well  🙏🏼. Download the app
https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Please share the app with everyone you know on WhatsApp via a broadcast. They need to get this to a lot of people fast to collect enough data to see the hidden cases - the iceberg if you like that we are sailing into. Thank you! App is fully functional and will be more beautiful over the next few days!

Share the app and share your “well/ill” status and let’s get some data for the policy makers to work with. 


Initial feedback of the site’s inability to register children’s symptoms have been forwarded to the investigators.  Anything further you can add / feedback will all help to capture what’s going on in the community vs just what we’re capturing in tertiary care.  It all helps.  Thank you so much.

Installed and shared via my social media channels. I'm trusting you that this isn't a scam to get my personal details!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Installed and shared via my social media channels. I'm trusting you that this isn't a scam to get my personal details!

I didn’t even think about that 😕

I got this sent through work so I think/hope it’s pretty legit. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I didn’t even think about that 😕

I got this sent through work so I think/hope it’s pretty legit. 
 

It's okay, Claudia Winkleman tweeted about it and by googling it, it seems pretty legit. Though it does seem to ask for a lot of personal details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's okay, Claudia Winkleman tweeted about it and by googling it, it seems pretty legit. Though it does seem to ask for a lot of personal details.

Love Claudia 😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ABH said:

Isn’t he just saying what all world leaders are saying? The lockdown here is for 3 weeks but will be reassessed and extended if needed. 

No he’s not saying that. He’s actively saying he’s going to reopen. He’s fired the doctor who did all the covid briefings because he doesn’t like his advice. The way he fires everyone who’s advice he doesn’t like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning to everybody, yes it is 6 in the morning but a good time to slowly wake up and then go for a walk before we are not allowed to!

How is everyone coping with this continual groundhog day, the never ending Sunday?

Which aspects are you having most difficulty with and your family?

Has anyone volunteered for the NHS (big well done and thanks for that if you have)?

Mentioned I was going to improve my Spanish has anyone decided to take up or really get deeper into a hobby they already have?

Would be nice to know how the forum members are coping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • For me, we need to appoint a manager with some sort of track record that has a style and philosophy that fits the brief set by Gibson and given to Scott. A newbie would be a huge risk as there is no evidence to back up management style, newbies could be anything. Yes, they can work out, successful managers have to start somewhere, but more fail than make it. A newbie with pulling power like Bryan Robson would attract players on reputation, but without tactical nous and man management skills it can unravel quickly.  Scott will likely be the big influencer for Gibson. His vision needs to fit into recruitment strategy, but also retention,  taking account of the squad we currently have. As said above, while the jigsaw analogy is a fair one, getting the balance right is no easy task. Too experienced a coach and they can be set in their ways, tried and trusted styles that have been successful only work if the players at the club can adapt quickly. I would like to see someone who is early in their management career, with a decent grounding as a manager at a lower level, improved the team or teams he has been at, has drive and ambition to get to the top, but not someone who sees Boro as a mere stepping stone, someone who wants to hang around and be a part of any future success. Someone who has good man management skills and a vision that mirrors that of the clubs forward strategy. As for names, I really don’t have any, I will leave that to Scott and Gibson and place my trust that they get things right between them at the first time of asking.   
    • Or as someone who allegedly loved his particularly young fresh Oats so much he was actually named after them once said "I am just going outside and may be some time." 
    • Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️
    • He is being prepared as our new manager next season? 😄
    • I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever

×
×
  • Create New...