oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

Looks like the same will happen in Denmark. A report has just been published by the top health department in Denmark and amongst a lot of things it says that a return to professional sport without crowds and with the necessary sanitary requirements won't increase the infected numbers. It is expected that the Danish league commences again on 29 May. Most teams have already recalled their players for training in small groups.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

League 1 and 2 will be officially cancelled next week according to an article in the Athletic. Clubs will vote on how to deal with promotion and relegation. 

PL and Championship still want to finish the season behind closed doors in televised games at neutral venues. 

Hello everyone it's been a while but it really is time to see how you are all doing?

Who would have thought this would last as long as it has but bit by tiny bit relaxations are beginning to show.

Has anyone got a similar tale as Adam Clayton, indeed has any member gone through a harrowing time themselves?

I am looking forward to physically hugging my grandchildren which hopefully will not be too long.

Really feel that catching up with members from the forum will not be happening for quite sometime but maybe just maybe we can all share a Boro game soon.

Continue taking care of yourselves and loved ones! 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Hello everyone it's been a while but it really is time to see how you are all doing?

Who would have thought this would last as long as it has but bit by tiny bit relaxations are beginning to show.

Has anyone got a similar tale as Adam Clayton, indeed has any member gone through a harrowing time themselves?

I am looking forward to physically hugging my grandchildren which hopefully will not be too long.

Really feel that catching up with members from the forum will not be happening for quite sometime but maybe just maybe we can all share a Boro game soon.

Really pleased for Clayts and his family that his Dad pulled through.

My Mam died 4 weeks ago from it she has been living in an Alzheimers care home Eston Grange, her life had been non existent since getting very severe Alzheimers but it is still hurting losing her early. Normally I would be in Kazakhstan but with the schools going into lockdown there too it meant I was in Northern Ireland so I managed to make the funeral at Middlesbrough Crem.  The funeral was such a strange affair, no physical contact with any of the rest of the family, only 10 people allowed. We were a big family, Mam had 4 other siblings still living and she has 5 living sons not much space for any partners, grand children or her friends. A very subdued day. 

Still feeling a mix of anger and pain now. She died a couple of days after they allowed testing to be done in care homes and for patients removed from hospital back into care homes to be tested. Think it is a disgrace that ill people from Hospitals were returned back to care homes without being tested, too many avoidable deaths caused by the decisions of a few people in government. The nursing and care home staff did a great job but you could feel their frustrations at being unable to do more. We were told on the Friday that she was ill and had all the signs of having COVID-19 but they only got permission to test her (and 7 others were mentioned) on the following Thursday the day before she died.

• Sad 2

Very sorry for your loss CB and on behalf of all on the forum thoughts are with you and your family.

Indeed many mistakes have been made in the care home system and hopefully someone will take account from this awful situation at a later point.

Teesside does not seem to be the place to be at the moment

6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

At my age I get colds and Now I do worry slightly thinking is this it,The dreaded Bug...I won't let it rule my twilight days 

Edited by Barnaby
1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Clayton was on Sky News last night talking about his dad and said he doesn't want to finish the season and put his baby daughter at risk.

I do our shopping as Mrs has COPD I scrub me hands before going and scrub when I get back,Its all I can do really 

We are looking good in Australia. Where I am we have been covid free for about 20 days. Pubs opened today with 20 people maximum. Slowly but surely getting back to normal and if we hit 28 days free of covid, we should be allowed to travel pretty much freely. Talking about opening a travel bubble between a few states and New Zealand 

Only two people out of 1014 tested in the championship have tested positive and both are from the same club. Incredibly low number really. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Only two people out of 1014 tested in the championship have tested positive and both are from the same club. Incredibly low number really. 

I think the latest stats are suggesting 1 in 400 people are currently carrying the virus. I'm guessing that super fit athletes are better at being able to fight things like this.