oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They should put them in cool boxes.  I've got one they can borrow.

Could flog them a few of these...

https://www.mfcofficialdirect.co.uk/homeware-c6/outdoor-c37/neoprene-can-cooler-p440

Probably do a similar job, plus we can get some extra revenue whilst we can't have fans in the stadium.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@ScarBoro 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55194988

This article more articulately explains the concerns regarding the pack sizes and issues regarding getting the doses to care homes, that I was trying to convey. They have a 12 hour window once the vaccine has thawed, which is why they are concerned about breaking the packs into smaller amounts.

Cheers.

I can see where you’re coming from. Ive now found an article that quotes the Scottish Govt.

Scottish health minister Jeane Freeman told the Scottish Parliament on 3 December ........comes in in 975-dose packs containing 195 five-dose vials that must be diluted before use

That means I was wrong about individual vials for each dose. However, the total doses from each pack seems to be just under 1000. On that basis there seems little problem using all doses where patients can go to a surgery. Our surgery has merged and there are now 24000 patients, so must be a few thousand who will be in the first cohorts to be jabbed. I can’t see any problem with getting enough people to use up a pack within a couple of days. Where surgeries are smaller, presumably they can deliver to one surgery which then splits it up and delivers to neighboring surgeries same day. I mean, the vaccine has to thaw out before you can use it, so that time can be taken for the last leg of delivery?

Getting them to the care homes might be more complex, but if they mix and match - doing some care homes at same time as some patients go to surgery - then they should be able to make sure each batch is used within the five days, ( assuming enough staff to do both of course - this might be the most difficult bit to organize). I guess most complex is where someone is house bound - a nurse won’t be able to do many jabs a day. Possibly the critical thing there is to get the care workers jabbed to hopefully limit them bringing in COVID and then wait for the Astra Zeneca vaccine?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

That means I was wrong about individual vials for each dose. However, the total doses from each pack seems to be just under 1000. On that basis there seems little problem using all doses where patients can go to a surgery. Our surgery has merged and there are now 24000 patients, so must be a few thousand who will be in the first cohorts to be jabbed. I can’t see any problem with getting enough people to use up a pack within a couple of days. Where surgeries are smaller, presumably they can deliver to one surgery which then splits it up and delivers to neighboring surgeries same day. I mean, the vaccine has to thaw out before you can use it, so that time can be taken for the last leg of delivery?

Agree regarding this point, once the vaccine roll out starts to go down the priority list. Then the number of people requiring the vaccine and importantly those also avaliable to get to surgeries/hospitals and vaccination centres will increase. I don't think this part of the roll out will cause many issues at all. Don't get me wrong it'll take a monumental effort and I'm not trying to down play that, but in terms of delivering the vaccines to those places and getting all doses used from the packs will be easier.

The point I was trying to highlight, was the care home, the most vulnerable (people shielding) and those that cannot easily get to surgeries aspect of the roll out. Because people in these groups are top priority that's where there is logistical issues, due to them trying to maximise usage from each pack. But you've pretty much summed that up below.

That last part is potentially something they are looking at doing, so that they can maximise usage for the limited amount of doses coming into the Country. Then once they have more wiggle room regarding potential waste of doses, that's when they'll give it to the actual care home residents. I think care worker are top priority at the moment.

3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Getting them to the care homes might be more complex, but if they mix and match - doing some care homes at same time as some patients go to surgery - then they should be able to make sure each batch is used within the five days, ( assuming enough staff to do both of course - this might be the most difficult bit to organize). I guess most complex is where someone is house bound - a nurse won’t be able to do many jabs a day. Possibly the critical thing there is to get the care workers jabbed to hopefully limit them bringing in COVID and then wait for the Astra Zeneca vaccine?

How is it in UK 

Will the vaccine be mandatory? 

How many people must get the vaccine in order to making it a succes? 

Should young healthy people also get the vaccine? Or is it better, that some get natural antibodies? 

If it's not mandatory to get the vaccine, will the government then limit what none vaccinated people can do; travel, attend festivals etc?

So many questions

4 hours ago, SmogDane said:

How is it in UK 

Will the vaccine be mandatory? 

How many people must get the vaccine in order to making it a succes? 

Should young healthy people also get the vaccine? Or is it better, that some get natural antibodies? 

If it's not mandatory to get the vaccine, will the government then limit what none vaccinated people can do; travel, attend festivals etc?

So many questions

No the vaccine won’t be mandatory. One thing Brits hate, is being dictated too. So that won’t work. 
i think the young should be vaccinated but rightly so they’re protecting the most venerable first.
As for limiting travel/festivals etc I don’t know what’s going to happen. But if it was up to me I’d say yes (Don’s tin hat ) mainly because I except everyone’s free choice but it should never threaten someone else’s health/safety (But then if the other has been vaccinated maybe the risk won’t be there🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Uwe said:

No the vaccine won’t be mandatory. One thing Brits hate, is being dictated too. So that won’t work. 
i think the young should be vaccinated but rightly so they’re protecting the most venerable first.
As for limiting travel/festivals etc I don’t know what’s going to happen. But if it was up to me I’d say yes (Don’s tin hat ) mainly because I except everyone’s free choice but it should never threaten someone else’s health/safety (But then if the other has been vaccinated maybe the risk won’t be there🤷‍♂️

Well they have said that being vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't still be able to infect others.

With the currently available data, all they can say for certain is that vaccination only protects those who have had it.

There's also the requirement of needing 2 jabs, spaced a few weeks apart before you are fully immunised.

So I'm guessing there will be more confusion about who can do what and when.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, SmogDane said:

I think this will be more private companies such as aircraft owners etc who will require proof of vaccination before you can use their services. Fair enough imo.

I do think that governments will require vaccination proof before they allow visitors in from other countries though.

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

I think this will be more private companies such as aircraft owners etc who will require proof of vaccination before you can use their services. Fair enough imo.

I do think that governments will require vaccination proof before they allow visitors in from other countries though.

They don't seem sure whether vaccination stops you getting Covid though and being able to pass it on asymptomatically, so proof of vaccination wouldn't help until they get more proof of whether it stops you passing the virus on. Suspect they will rely on negative test results just before travel as a better way. Or possibly requiring incoming passengers to do a quick result test on arrival.

13 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

They don't seem sure whether vaccination stops you getting Covid though and being able to pass it on asymptomatically, so proof of vaccination wouldn't help until they get more proof of whether it stops you passing the virus on. Suspect they will rely on negative test results just before travel as a better way. Or possibly requiring incoming passengers to do a quick result test on arrival.

There might not be enough evidence to show it yet, but i would be very surprised if the vaccine didn't stop you spreading the virus. Might not stop the spread completely, but I'm pretty sure it will lower the infectivity of individuals a lot.

Plus private companies (or governments for that matter) dont need proof, they can just request proof of vaccination on the likelihood that it will stop the spread. It's up to them really. 

35 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

There might not be enough evidence to show it yet, but i would be very surprised if the vaccine didn't stop you spreading the virus. Might not stop the spread completely, but I'm pretty sure it will lower the infectivity of individuals a lot.

Plus private companies (or governments for that matter) dont need proof, they can just request proof of vaccination on the likelihood that it will stop the spread. It's up to them really. 

Yes, but what will the proof be? Thought our government has said there won’t be a certificate of vaccination? Cant see doctors being willing to give out letter saying you’ve had it - at least not unless you pay them for it. Even then they won’t have capacity to do millions of them and a doctors letter sounds too easy to forge anyway.

13 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Yes, but what will the proof be? Thought our government has said there won’t be a certificate of vaccination? Cant see doctors being willing to give out letter saying you’ve had it - at least not unless you pay them for it. Even then they won’t have capacity to do millions of them and a doctors letter sounds too easy to forge anyway.

You can get a copy of your vaccinations from your doctors now. Online if you are registered. I guess it would be on the same register. 

Another guess is that there will be a digital certificate. E.g. you get a code once vaccinated and can enter into a central app, or into companies websites when booking flights etc. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Wonder how much fun Bill Gates will have whilst controlling him? 😂😂😂

Well, he's just been for a nap. When he woke up, my gran said he made this noise:

Is that a known side effect???

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, boro-unger said:

You can get a copy of your vaccinations from your doctors now. Online if you are registered. I guess it would be on the same register. 

Another guess is that there will be a digital certificate. E.g. you get a code once vaccinated and can enter into a central app, or into companies websites when booking flights etc. 

Well, good luck for your grandad. Still some advantages in getting old!

yes, you can get list of vaccinations from doctor and I can see mine on my online access to patient record.  A bit easy to forge though and probably not acceptable to a lot of companies or public officials, especially foreign ones.

A digital certificate would be sensible (too sensible for the government probably), but as they have started vaccinations,  if they were going to issue them, it would probably have been in media by now.

• Like 1