oneBoro Forum
OzzyPorter

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

My best friend's a doctor, and he described the symptoms he experienced after the jag as follows: "lethargy, reduced appetite, fever and night sweats. Those are recognised side-effects but they weren't pleasant." On the upside, they only lasted for around 48 hours, and he's very passionate about the benefits of people - even those who aren't clinically vulnerable - getting jabbed.

• Like 2

Been announced that Captain Tom has died today with Covid 19.

Thank you for all your efforts and we all salute you Sir.

His memory will be a blessing for the NHS

• Like 5

Very sad...and grimly ironic.

The old boy probably didn't have too long left, given he was already being treated for pneumonia, but it would have been great if he could have at least seen out the pandemic and been allowed to enjoy a few weeks or months of normal life. He deserved that much.

Couldn't agree more with the tributes that said he showed humanity at its best, putting others before himself, despite his own problems.

A war hero and a great man in a crisis.

Just glad he at least was able to enjoy all the public tributes and accolades that came his way in the last year or so. Fully deserved.

• Like 1

Sad new about Sir Tom.

Some good news, looking at some of the data that Israel have (much further along the vaccination rollout than most). The Pfizer vaccine seems to hugely effect the spread of the virus. Then obviously yesterday the producers of the Oxford vaccine have released a report that has data that indicates the same. How much both vaccines actually prevent the spread is yet to be confirmed, but early data shows both are huge positives as every person that gets vaccinated indirectly protects people that aren't vaccinated, by not being able to spread the virus. 🥳

Ofc it took an Irish man to laugh at this precious joke 😉

Just now, SmogDane said:

Ofc it took an Irish man to laugh of this precious joke 😉

Old Lizzie is looking well on the vaccine all the same @SmogDane 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Blanco said:

Old Lizzie is looking well on the vaccine all the same @SmogDane 🤣

You misspelled Lizzard 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

image.thumb.png.3ef76c1706ddcf5751c716d649080554.png

disturbing kyle maclachlan GIF by IFC

I think you're spending far too much time on "gentlemens' special interest sites" lately. I know we're in lockdown but you need to find yourself another hobby. 

You'd kind of hope that during the trials they'd have ruled out the possibility of the side-effects including increasing bust size. Otherwise we could also be faced with this...

image.png.301aad069011fed377f56989696feab5.png

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1

"The turnstiles of our sports stadia will once again rotate."

The bellend really does think he's Churchill, doesn't he? 

Churchill the *** nodding dog, perhaps.

• Haha 2

Can quite a few people please post on this thread to move it onto page 93, so we don't have to look at that disturbing pair of moobs and the busty Queen pic any more? They're really not nice to look at while drinking coffee with milk in.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Can quite a few people please post on this thread to move it onto page 93, so we don't have to look at that disturbing pair of moobs and the busty Queen pic any more? They're really not nice to look at while drinking coffee with milk in.

Agreed

Just now, Uwe said:

Agreed

Just now, Uwe said:
3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Agreed

Seconded 

Just now, Uwe said:
Just now, Uwe said:

Agreed

Just now, Uwe said:
3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Agreed

Seconded 

Thirded