oneBoro Forum

Boro V Swansea (Cancelled)

Boro v Swansea is another massive game & another vital 3 points as the mighty Boro try & drag themselves away from the wrong end of the championship, after the magnificent away result at Charlton last week, a win that enabled us to jump out of the botom 3, leapfrogging  Charlton, Hull & Wigan & within touching distance of Huddersfield & Stopke above us, the Championship looks a lot more friendlier than a few weeks back 

Swansea, sitting in 11th place on 53 points are winless in the last 3 games & pushing for playoff points, the Boro & Woodgate will still be bouncing after last weeks away win have good news on the injury front with the possible return of Dael Fry & Patrick Roberts from injury, both could be included in the match day squad v Swansea on Saturday

The 1st home fixture v Swansea City was on the 26th August 1926, Boro losing 3-0

This will be the 22nd Boro v Swansea fixture on Teesside, with the following record:-

Won - 12

Drew - 5

Lost - 4

Goals scored - 57

Goals against - 27

Did you know: 17th January 1995 FAC 3rd round replay - Boro 1 Swansea 2 the last FAC fixture at Ayresome Park -13,940

18th December 1926 Boro 7 Swansea 1 - George Camsell scored 4 goals

21st March 1959 Boro 6 Swansea 2 - Brian Clough scored 4 goals 

After signing for Middlesbrough on a wage of £25 a week, Mel Nurse made his debut against Grimsby Town in a 4–3 victory. Within a week of joining the Boro he was made captain, during a night out in his time at the Boro, Mel Nurse was once mistaken for train robber Ronnie Biggs, he was pulled over by police & questioned before his real identity was established

We've played Swansea in the 1st divison, PL, 2nd divison, 3rd divison, FAC & LC, only the 4th divison we not played Swansea

Some players who played for both clubs:

Bill Harris - Born in Swansea, signed but never made any appearances, signed for Middlesbrough & between 1954 - 65 played 378 games, scoring 72 goals

Mel Nurse - 256 appearances for Boro scoring 19 goals, 113 for Swansea scoring 8 goals

Phil Boersma - One time Boro's record signing made 47 appearances for the Boro scoring 3 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring one goal

John Mahoney One time Boro's record signing made 77 appearances for the Boro scoring 2 goals, 110 for Swansea scoring one goal

Dimi Konstantopoulos - Played 4 games on loan in season 2008-09, played 98 games for the Boro between 2013-2019

Danny Graham - 33 appearances for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, 54 appearances for Swansea scoring 15 goals

Leroy Lita - 78 appearances for the Boro scoring 20 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring 2 goals

Marvin Emnes - 141 appearances for the Boro, scoring 24 goals , 11 appearances over 2 different seasons scoring 3 goals, one being a match winner v Cardiff

Kyle Naughton - 15 appearances on loan for the Boro, no goals, 151 for Swansea scoring 3 goals

Connor Roberts - A season long loan from Swansea last only one loan appearance for the Boro, his contract was terminated & he returned to Swansea, 66 games for Swansea, scoring 5 goals

Last time we beat Swansea at home was on the 17th december 2-16 a 3-0 PL win, too long ago, lets put it right & lets get our 1st back to back win of 2020

• Like 9
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Swansea is another massive game & another vital 3 points as the mighty Boro try & drag themselves away from the wrong end of the championship, after the magnificent away result at Charl

Thing is, I'm not too fussed as I never expected us to beat Swansea. Doesn't make the subs look any better, though his hands were a bit tied when we were forced to bring Leo on for Stojanovic. It was

Dwight Tiendalli (might be spelt wrong) (nope, just googled, smashed it first time utb) 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Great opening post. I fear you’ve missed out the fullback that we loaned from Swansea a few years ago, I can’t remember his name but he was shocking. Anyone?

Dwight Tiendalli (might be spelt wrong) (nope, just googled, smashed it first time utb) 

• Like 2

I do love a good edit!

Great OP Erimus and if we approach this the right way we can take a huge 3 points towards safety.

The team can not undo in one game the recent advantage gained the attitude must be win at all costs because this is a must win game especially at home where e have waited for a long time.

• Like 1

A player called Mel Nurse getting mistaken by the rozzers for Ronnie Biggs! Football just doesn't produce those kinds of stories any more.

Really hope we build on the confidence from the Charlton win and go at Swansea from the first whistle. If he's fit, I'd add Roberts back into the team to replace Tav, but otherwise, I hope Woodgate sticks with a winning formula, and maybe brings Fry on as a late sub to gradually reintroduce him.

Last weekend's result was so significant I don't feel we're far from safety now, but we probably need a couple more wins and a could more draws from the last nine games to be secure. And Swansea do look beatable, especially in their current form. 

• Like 1

Not surprising due to current climate, actually surprised the Forest and Millwall games have not been called off.

Would seem that as far as possible the current football season will be completed unless conditions change.

What a subdued thread this could turn out to be

20 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Great opening post. I fear you’ve missed out the fullback that we loaned from Swansea a few years ago, I can’t remember his name but he was shocking. Anyone?

didnt realise we loaned him from Charlton 

2014-15 v Brentford .jpg

6 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

Erimus

I hate to mention it but shouldn't one of Mel Nurse' stats refer to the Boro instead of both to Swansea

Sorry

Rishworthian, thanks for that, now sorted 👍