oneBoro Forum

Boro V Swansea (Cancelled)

BBC saying all PL and EFL games will be suspended until April 3rd (at least).

Given that the government's statement yesterday has the virus peaking around June (10-12 weeks), I would bet it will be longer than that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Swansea is another massive game & another vital 3 points as the mighty Boro try & drag themselves away from the wrong end of the championship, after the magnificent away result at Charl

Thing is, I'm not too fussed as I never expected us to beat Swansea. Doesn't make the subs look any better, though his hands were a bit tied when we were forced to bring Leo on for Stojanovic. It was

Dwight Tiendalli (might be spelt wrong) (nope, just googled, smashed it first time utb) 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

BBC saying all PL and EFL games will be suspended until April 3rd (at least).

Given that the government's statement yesterday has the virus peaking around June (10-12 weeks), I would bet it will be longer than that.

Isn't the suggested peak if you do nothing? But by taking all these countermeasures there may not be a "peak" but rather a stable rate that can be managed and kept relatively under wraps.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Isn't the suggested peak if you do nothing? But by taking all these countermeasures there may not be a "peak" but rather a stable rate that can be managed and kept relatively under wraps.

No, there is still expected to be a peak. There has to be one if it is ever gonna fall, otherwise that would mean it would never stop rising. The idea is to spread out and delay the number of cases at once to reduce the peak but also push the peak back to a point when the health services will have a better chance of dealing with them.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

How many teams will now have the chance to get injured players back. Relagation and promotions may have a very different outcome..apart from the PL winners

It's going to favour teams with lots of injuries at present. We'll have Ayala, Roberts and Fry competing for first-team places when (if?) the season resumes, assuming they don't get injured again. I presume clubs will continue to train and practice over the suspension period, self-isolation notwithstanding, since it doesn't seem unreasonable for highly paid players to stay fit and attend the training ground as they would do in the close season.

A few months off might even give Woodgate time to learn from his mistakes and become a better manager (hey, you have to dream). Of course, it gives everyone else the same opportunity, so let's hope we don't squander our chance to practice forward passes and corners that get past the first man...

It should give the EFL plenty of time to find out the appropriate punishments for Derby and Wednesday regarding FFP and not waiting to see of they will be safe before dishing out a points deduction etc.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm not sure if this means something different in the Tinder/Grindr age, but I used to be pretty good at blow football. Happy to volunteer my services if it keeps Boro up.

Taking one for the team, what a guy 😝

36 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm not sure if this means something different in the Tinder/Grindr age, but I used to be pretty good at blow football. Happy to volunteer my services if it keeps Boro up.

Andy-King-Fyre.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Dirty fecker!!!

9 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

It’s probably a lot less hygienic than subbuteo to be honest.