oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Changing Times

Boro Memories

Given that there won't be any football, for a little while at least, I wondered if a thread like this could be worthwhile for those who still want their Boro fix?  It's not to be confused with the Erimus on this day thread.  It's just a thread to talk about things in Boro's past, get some vids up and that kind of thing.  It can be anything, favourite seasons, favourite games, worst seasons/games, memorable games for you personally, great games in Boro's history, whatever really.  If it's a daft idea or nobody is interested then feel free to delete the thread mods 👍

• Like 1

I've just randomly remembered a game from Mogga's first full season, Cardiff 2-3 Boro. Cardiff were on a great unbeaten run and we turned them over at their own ground to leapfrog them. I remember the game because one of my favourite players of the time scored a pretty sweet goal; Faris Haroun chesting down a lofted Arca ball in the box and slotting home for the winner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16124009

Video of the goal, if it doesn't skip to it automatically highlight starts at 55 seconds: 

I think it was a rare game I managed to watch live at Uni, maybe that's another reason it stands out.

• Like 1

Must be view with the volume up. 
You're welcome 😉

Also that’s one sexy kit 👍 

• Like 1

Ah Ayresome Park, night match & a thumping 3-0 win over the Geordies 👍

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think that's the weirdest set of highlights I've ever seen 😀

I know, I'm devastated as it means there's no visual record of the goal Bart Ogbeche scored that day. That I can find, anyway.

The best 15:27 any Boro fan can spend. 
And if you don’t shed a tear you’re dead inside 💀 

Beating the "Invincibles" (Yes I know it wasn't their full first team playing but even so, it was the only home defeat for Arsenal that season!)

Stunning them in the second leg at The Riverside:

And then of course, going on to win the Trophy. Lovely stuff. (Not my words, the words of Shakin' Stevens.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A golden oldie featuring a proper winger, a real striker and a massacre of the "Cockney" $*!*%...........those were the days, my friends.......in the end, even the commentator stopped being biased...and the sight of Stan next to their centre-backs still makes me smile

Edited by Old Codger
spelling
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

A golden oldie featuring a proper winger, a real striker and a massacre of the "Cockney" $*!*%...........those were the days, my friends.......in the end, even the commentator stopped being biased...and the sight of Stan next to their centre-backs still makes me smile

Before my time, but that was quality. Thanks for posting it!

I was at the Highbury game  what a feeling despite against a weakened team 

I think Forshaws goal was the goal that got us promoted as dropped points could have given Brighton the advantage for the rest of the season.

It's probably the most I have celebrated a Boro goal bar the Basel/Steaua games. It's just a shame we managed to Boro up the next few seasons and find ourselves where we are.

• Like 1

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think Forshaws goal was the goal that got us promoted as dropped points could have given Brighton the advantage for the rest of the season.

It's probably the most I have celebrated a Boro goal bar the Basel/Steaua games. It's just a shame we managed to Boro up the next few seasons and find ourselves where we are.

The happiest moment of my life right there 

• Like 1