oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brighton - Boro Watchalong.

Amazing how many simple chances Hasselbank and Viduka missed that night. I know Assombalonga isn't half the player they were but he would have been slaughtered by todays so called fans.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching the unconditional love and adoration got steve gibson back then during the trophy presentation makes it even more sad how things have gone in recent years. Unbelievable scenes

Dimi was never the best shot stopper but I think he is arguably one of the best keepers with crosses. Everything he went for he generally seemed to claim comfortably. I think he deserved that game aga

I was over for that game and was even lucky enough to stick a few quid on Boro to win 4-1. Got 25/1 on it. Very happy days 

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Boateng was incredible from the 30mins mark. BUT he and rocky put in a 2/10 performance up until then- I've never seen so many misplaced passes in my life!

I think it was the tactics more than anything at that point, the wing-backs system was not working at all, the whole team wasted so many simple chances to play the ball and were just lumping it up into areas nobody was. And Hasselbaink and even Viduka were gonna struggle to win the balls coming forward. The link from defence to attack was almost entirely broken. Once we changed from that (and perhaps more importantly started putting them on the back foot), Boateng indeed was incredible.

9 minutes ago, oldman said:

Amazing how many simple chances Hasselbank and Viduka missed that night. I know Assombalonga isn't half the player they were but he would have been slaughtered by todays so called fans.

Britt shouldn't even be in the same discussion as Hasselbaink and Viduka!

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it was the tactics more than anything at that point, the wing-backs system was not working at all, the whole team wasted so many simple chances to play the ball and were just lumping it up into areas nobody was. And Hasselbaink and even Viduka were gonna struggle to win the balls coming forward. The link from defence to attack was almost entirely broken. Once we changed from that (and perhaps more importantly started putting them on the back foot), Boateng indeed was incredible.

All very true. I found it funny that bernie talked the whole first half about how we had 5 forwards and not one can do anything in the air. Cue two great headers in the second half!

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

All very true. I found it funny that bernie talked the whole first half about how we had 5 forwards and not one can do anything in the air. Cue two great headers in the second half!

I love how he slags off McClaren for putting Maccarone on the wing about a minute before Maccarone pops up with the first goal

51 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I love how he slags off McClaren for putting Maccarone on the wing about a minute before Maccarone pops up with the first goal

Luckily I think Ali was talking over the top of him at that point so nobody heard 😄

2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I went for Brentford. 

I think the games I'd like to see are the last game at Ayresome Park, Boro 4-1 vs United and Man City 8-1. The last 2 would be a great reminder to the recent Boro teams you are allowed to win by more than a goal and score more than 3 on occasions.

Funnily enough enough as far as I remember that 8-1 was the only game that entire season when we scored more than 2 goals. I may be wrong but it's what I remember, didn't bother checking haha. 

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Funnily enough enough as far as I remember that 8-1 was the only game that entire season when we scored more than 2 goals. I may be wrong but it's what I remember, didn't bother checking haha. 

That City game was a freak game rather than a brilliant performance. 

It was common knowledge that Ericsson was going to be sacked after the game so I don't think their players were fully motivated, City went down to 10 men and a few of their players threw the towel in after that. We scored a few great goals in that game but it felt a bit like a friendly game towards the end of the match. 

I think that result has become more famous over the years because of how big City have become, before they had the money they were no bigger than us as a club and it felt like we used to beat them every season. 

22 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think you may be right. I seem to remember moaning about the lack of goals we scored that season.