oneBoro Forum

Let’s Self isolate/Social Distance together.

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 
Movie or TV recommendations are welcome as so are board/card games or things that your community are doing to help each other. 
The intent of this thread is to be a light hearted sharing of information so humour is wholly encouraged. Just be aware it is a very serious situation we find ourselves in so decorum and tact should also be maintained. 
I’ll go first. 

As I’m working from home for large chunks of the week we have started alternating movie nights and games nights. Who knew that UNO could cause so many squabbles 😂

During the day I go to the gym with my 15yr old son (which is very quiet) as his school shut his year down on Wednesday  and we challenge each other at Rowing, Stepper, press up, pull ups and Dips. Incidentally I’m still winning but I’m sure the gap will close. 

Films we’ve watched are the Fantastic Beasts and where to find them which is brilliant especially for those who enjoyed the Harry Potter saga. And the Hunger Games which my daughter liked as it had a strong female lead. 

My daughter also enjoyed drawing Rainbows 🌈 to put in the windows as many houses in my village have, so that when other parents are walking with their younger children they can count how many they see and hunt for newer ones. 

Tonight is movie night and my turn to choose. I’m thinking of something from my childhood (so mid to late 80’s) that both a 10yr old and 15yr old would like. Any ideas? 

Over to you guys and gals 😀

• Like 3
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, bette

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Tonight is movie night and my turn to choose. I’m thinking of something from my childhood (so mid to late 80’s) that both a 10yr old and 15yr old would like. Any ideas? 

Ghostbusters.

The answer is always Ghostbusters.

• Like 2

The Goonies is always well received in my house. Ghostbusters is a good shout too. Think the boy would like Ferris Bueller and lost boys. But great shout on the great outdoors. (Or any John Candy for that matter) 

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

Oof - tough ask. Back to the Future...ET...Gremlins...The Princess Bride...Who Framed Roger Rabbit...The Karate Kid?

Reckon they'd go for any of those?

37 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Oof - tough ask. Back to the Future...ET...Gremlins...The Princess Bride...Who Framed Roger Rabbit...The Karate Kid?

Reckon they'd go for any of those?

They like the the Princess Bride and spoilt the Karate Kid by watching that Jayden Smith, Jackie Chan monstrosity but I think they go for Roger Rabbit (Plus Jessica Rabbit is well fit 😍)  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I've just been to the shops to buy bread and eggs. They had neither, so I bought cider instead. 

Now watching the aeronauts film on Amazon prime with said cider

I hope you are well stocked up on turkey dinosaurs. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I hope you are well stocked up on turkey dinosaurs. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

• Haha 3

I’ve ran out of whiskey so am enjoying a Hendricks and slimline. Gutted about the gyms closing. Gonna need something else active to do now (can’t run due to injury)