oneBoro Forum

Let’s Self isolate/Social Distance together.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, bette

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

Posted Images

Just showed the Now that’s What I Call Coronavirus video to my son. He replied by asking “Who’s The Police?” 🤦‍♂️

At least I now know what we’re doing for the next 2 hours 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Just showed the Now that’s What I Call Coronavirus video to my son. He replied by asking “Who’s The Police?” 🤦‍♂️

14 hours ago, boro-unger said:

I've just been to the shops to buy bread and eggs. They had neither, so I bought cider instead. 

Now watching the aeronauts film on Amazon prime with said cider

Went to do my weekly shop yesterday and my local Sainsburys was literally half empty...was actually quite creepy how quiet it was.

Had to substitute a lot of stuff on my list. Still no loo roll, hand wash etc. (luckily I stocked up before the virus hit). No fresh meat, barely any fish, or pasta, rice etc. Freezer section was pretty empty too. Oddly there are still plenty of Easter Eggs...

Asked the lady at the checkout and it seems morning rushes are the thing now.

Considering doing my first ever online shop next week.

46 minutes ago, Uwe said:

So that’s where all the loo roll has gone too 😳

donald duck laughing GIF

43 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What do you think socks were invented for

disgusted jack sparrow GIF

I've never understood that. Who the hell jerks off into a sock? Apart from being gross, I can't imagine its very comfortable...unless you have super-soft socks.. 

42 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We have to pull together in times like this

stuck wonder woman GIF

I've no idea what she's trying to do there, but its oddly hypnotic...

43 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Don't forget to include...

A couple of other picks from my own "Apocalypse Playlist"...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

donald duck laughing GIF

disgusted jack sparrow GIF

I've never understood that. Who the hell jerks off into a sock? Apart from being gross, I can't imagine its very comfortable...unless you have super-soft socks.. 

stuck wonder woman GIF

I've no idea what she's trying to do there, but its oddly hypnotic...

Or very rough hands. 

If someone is after a decent series on Netflix to watch, I have just finished Travelers. It's basically about time travelers from a dystopian future who come back to change it for the better, but they can only come back if they overwrite the consciousness of an already living person, so they also need to assimilate their lives

• Like 1

The issue I have is the measures the government have implemented aren't working. As all it has led to is the parks to be full, beaches and I live in the country never seen so many walker's, bikers and horse rider's today! Then there are people in their carvan off on a jolly holiday. Then regarding pub closes it has just led to people going around each other houses. So I do think we will end up like France fines for not following this as it does need to be enforced otherwise what's the point. 

9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The issue I have is the measures the government have implemented aren't working. As all it has led to is the parks to be full, beaches and I live in the country never seen so many walker's, bikers and horse rider's today! Then there are people in their carvan off on a jolly holiday. Then regarding pub closes it has just led to people going around each other houses. So I do think we will end up like France fines for not following this as it does need to be enforced otherwise what's the point. 

Well if you live in the country, there is more opportunity to get out and about.

The government has advised that its okay to go for walks, bike rides etc. In fact they are positively encouraging outdoor activities, as a way to stay healthy. 

What they are trying to prevent is large gatherings in enclosed spaces...pubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms etc. 

Not to mention large crowds in places like football stadiums (which also have enclosed concourses).

You can't stop people being stupid. If they want to put themselves (and others) at risk by having large house parties, thats on them.

However, if the majority act sensibly, it will still have a positive effect.

I know some countries have already got police and military blockades in place and require people to have travel passes to prove they are outside legitimately. I'm desperately hoping it won't come to that here.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Howay dude this is the thread where we talk about fun stuff like what to watch while self isolating!

Don't be getting all serious 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As the gyms are shut I’ve been looking at other ways to keep active in the home. Yesterday was to do 1000 press ups in a day. Needless  to say I failed so I will try again tomorrow. Today’s activity is skipping (not done it in years) 

Also movie night again tonight. The last one was The Addams Family but are looking for a more action/adventure type so will welcome ideas. 

In other news. UNO is now banned in my house 😳

• Haha 1