oneBoro Forum

Let’s Self isolate/Social Distance together.

Annoyingly I've only just found out that Football Manager 2020  has been free to play all week. Been putting off buying it as it looked so similar to 19. Guess I can get at least a day out of seeing the difference. 

Also begs the serious question of whether they will push the release of 2021 back?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, bette

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

As the gyms are shut I’ve been looking at other ways to keep active in the home. Yesterday was to do 1000 press ups in a day. Needless  to say I failed so I will try again tomorrow. Today’s activity is skipping (not done it in years) 

Also movie night again tonight. The last one was The Addams Family but are looking for a more action/adventure type so will welcome ideas. 

In other news. UNO is now banned in my house 😳

If you are looking for a solid action film, Spencer Confidential on Netflix with Mark Wahlberg and Winston Duke (was M'Baku in Black Panther) is a pretty new, Netflix original film that I thought his all the right notes.

By the way which Addams Family did you watch? If it was the new animated one - how was it

4 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

If you are looking for a solid action film, Spencer Confidential on Netflix with Mark Wahlberg and Winston Duke (was M'Baku in Black Panther) is a pretty new, Netflix original film that I thought his all the right notes.

By the way which Addams Family did you watch? If it was the new animated one - how was it

I really want to see Spencer Confidential but also need to keep a 10yr old girl entertained 😕

classic Addams Family released in 1991. I didn’t even know they released a new one  

Re Black Panther. As I white straight man I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to watch it so still haven’t. Is it any good? 

10 minutes ago, Uwe said:

As the gyms are shut I’ve been looking at other ways to keep active in the home. Yesterday was to do 1000 press ups in a day. Needless  to say I failed so I will try again tomorrow. Today’s activity is skipping (not done it in years) 

Also movie night again tonight. The last one was The Addams Family but are looking for a more action/adventure type so will welcome ideas. 

In other news. UNO is now banned in my house 😳

Holy crap! I'm happy if I can do 30 push ups in one go (usually followed by the same number of sit-ups). Could probably stretch that to 100 in a day.

As to movies...

Police Academy

Any of the Indiana Jones films (provided your kids don't get freaked out by the scary bits)

Short Circuit

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Big Trouble in Little China

Probably not everybody's cup of tea, but recently watched "Don Juan de Marco"..didn't have any great expectations when I saw that the stars were Depp and Brando...but really enjoyed it...maybe I am an old-fashioned git but I can't remember the last time I watched a film and thought "I really enjoyed that"....no special effects..no in-your-face "message", just a good story and good acting..worth two hours of your time  

27 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Lord of the Rings are a decent watch as well.

Extended editions I'm assuming?

As a minor inconvenience of all this is that the new Lord of the Ring based TV series is going to be delayed! 😞

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

I really want to see Spencer Confidential but also need to keep a 10yr old girl entertained 😕

classic Addams Family released in 1991. I didn’t even know they released a new one  

Re Black Panther. As I white straight man I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to watch it so still haven’t. Is it any good? 

Black Panther was very good, I think it got a bit overrated due to the whole "first African superhero movie" thing but I'd still put it in my top 5 solo Marvel movies

We're more of a box-set household than a film family. Currently watching Living With Yourself, which is about a self-improvement clinic that clones people into better versions of themselves and disposes of the originals in the woods. Until one day they don't. Very black humour of the kind Americans rarely manage, like a modern Six Feet Under.

Other good streaming dramas if you haven't seen them - The Americans (brilliant 80s Cold War cat-and-mouse), Chernobyl (for a bit of perspective), Happy Valley (it isn't happy) and Save Me (not going to comment on whether he does or not). I would say Line of Duty and Homeland too, but I reckon everyone's seen them already.

• Like 1

Ok. So this day is 1 of home schooling and I’ve come to the conclusion that teachers should be paid on par with premier league football players 😳

Last nights movie was National Treasure which seemed to go down well so thanks to whoever recommended that one

Also today I’m trying the 1000 press ups in a day again so wish me luck. (Obviously that’s not 1000 in one go)  

On 3/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Annoyingly I've only just found out that Football Manager 2020  has been free to play all week. Been putting off buying it as it looked so similar to 19. Guess I can get at least a day out of seeing the difference. 

Also begs the serious question of whether they will push the release of 2021 back?

Their usual release date is around October/November. If the major European leagues have finished their 19/20 seasons by then, I suspect their release will still be going ahead as planned. Sports Interactive are one of those that I imagine will have a really good IT team that will have already been going ahead with work-from-home plans, probably sooner than most, so production will definitely be on schedule. Given their game is generally just a huge list of feature updates rather than a 'start-from-scratch' project every year, I imagine they'll be well placed to release a new version of the game even with some minor WFH hiccups.

• Like 1