oneBoro Forum

Let’s Self isolate/Social Distance together.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, bette

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Where is the best place to buy Football Manager 2020?. Hopefully somewhere with quick delivery?. Amazon prices seem steep.

If you want it quick, buy it on steam or humble bundle, you will get digital download. 

The price is very high though again (it varies a lot). 

• Like 1

Was watching the news like I guess  many of you are and then the weather came on. When the frick did a weatherman/girl become a ‘Key Worker’   Stay at home you belter and if I wanna know what the weather is doing (not that it matters just now) I’ll just look out of a fricken window 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Uwe said:

Was watching the news like I guess  many of you are and then the weather came on. When the frick did a weatherman/girl become a ‘Key Worker’   Stay at home you belter and if I wanna know what the weather is doing (not that it matters just now) I’ll just look out of a fricken window 🤦‍♂️

Where do you draw the line though? The BBC had sports news on earlier. I was thinking to myself "what sports news?" 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, p_mards said:

Where is the best place to buy Football Manager 2020?. Hopefully somewhere with quick delivery?. Amazon prices seem steep.

It's free for this week and that has just been extended for another week from steam. Get a weeks gaming in and then look out for deals on the likes of cdkeys which will give you a steam code more or less instantly.

16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It's free for this week and that has just been extended for another week from steam. Get a weeks gaming in and then look out for deals on the likes of cdkeys which will give you a steam code more or less instantly.

Each to their own but I never use those grey market sites, the publishers dont get the same money - they typically buy keys in really poor regions and then resell in more affluent regions at a discount. I've not known anyone to get a bad key from them, but it can happen. I'm more worried about supporting the publishers so they keep releasing games. 

2 minutes ago, boroie said:

Each to their own but I never use those grey market sites, the publishers dont get the same money - they typically buy keys in really poor regions and then resell in more affluent regions at a discount. I've not known anyone to get a bad key from them, but it can happen. I'm more worried about supporting the publishers so they keep releasing games. 

I do when I can. But I think with football manager/fifa etc which really just reskin their game each year (if even), provide a database updates and and keep it at full price 6 months after release I can make an exception and get it as cheap as I can. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Where do you draw the line though? The BBC had sports news on earlier. I was thinking to myself "what sports news?" 

Yeah maybe it should be sports cancellation news as that really is the only sports news right now.

Have started to play some golden oldies, in my kitchen, by asking Alexa.

Certainly seems to encourage a bit of exercise as I have noticed that others join in a bit of dancing.

A good song to dance to, or move to if you prefer is "Born to be alive" by Patrick Hernadez my 5 yrs old grand daughter loves it.

Actually I did enjoy going out for a bop when younger and was pretty good at the "Northern Soul" type dancing, who remembers "footsie" by Wigans Chosen Few? Now that was hard to do but good fun!

Enjoy though this style of dancing by some was taken to much better limits

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. Are there any good, affordable signings for Middlesbrough?. Any help I can get would be welcome!.

I haven’t played Football Manager in about 5 years so I’m anticipating I’ll be as terrible as Woodgate. I’ve put myself as a Teessider in my profile so that should allow me a few relegations before I get the sack by Gibson.

@p_mards 

I've found it quite reasonable to get promoted with the starting squad, 3 things are really important I find

1. be positive to the players all the time, take every opp to praise them and be assertive - get their morale up and it will win you games

2. get a good assistant manager with high tactical knowledge and judging player current/potential ability - that will help with team selection

3. pick a formation and stick with it for 4-5 games at least, chopping and changing doesnt really work that well

My current game I'm in 2035 and have gone through several tactical evolutions, started with a 4-2-3-1 defensive tiki-taka style, then a few seasons later moved to a 4-1-2-2-1 gegenpressing style. For the last 4 seasons I've been playing a very attacking 4-4-*****ng-2 which actually is working brilliantly. 

32 minutes ago, boroie said:

@p_mards 

I've found it quite reasonable to get promoted with the starting squad, 3 things are really important I find

1. be positive to the players all the time, take every opp to praise them and be assertive - get their morale up and it will win you games

2. get a good assistant manager with high tactical knowledge and judging player current/potential ability - that will help with team selection

3. pick a formation and stick with it for 4-5 games at least, chopping and changing doesnt really work that well

My current game I'm in 2035 and have gone through several tactical evolutions, started with a 4-2-3-1 defensive tiki-taka style, then a few seasons later moved to a 4-1-2-2-1 gegenpressing style. For the last 4 seasons I've been playing a very attacking 4-4-*****ng-2 which actually is working brilliantly. 

Be careful cause if you praise them while they're playing terribly they'll often react negatively.