oneBoro Forum

Let’s Self isolate/Social Distance together.

3 hours ago, boroie said:

@p_mards 

I've found it quite reasonable to get promoted with the starting squad, 3 things are really important I find

1. be positive to the players all the time, take every opp to praise them and be assertive - get their morale up and it will win you games

2. get a good assistant manager with high tactical knowledge and judging player current/potential ability - that will help with team selection

3. pick a formation and stick with it for 4-5 games at least, chopping and changing doesnt really work that well

My current game I'm in 2035 and have gone through several tactical evolutions, started with a 4-2-3-1 defensive tiki-taka style, then a few seasons later moved to a 4-1-2-2-1 gegenpressing style. For the last 4 seasons I've been playing a very attacking 4-4-*****ng-2 which actually is working brilliantly. 

Can one of you record a commentary of a game your playing then post it so we can all listen to something football related!

On another matter like a long bank holiday weekend or Xmas period It is easy to forget what day it is. Since this has all started and especially now all the days seem the same, yes it is Tuesday but does not feel like it.

Oh hang on it's Wednesday:classic_biggrin:    

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, bette

This thread is designed for members to talk about the way they are spending the time at home. It’s intended to give other members ideas on how to entertain themselves and their children/loved ones. 

Do you think when we go extinct, the species that takes over the earth in future will have turkey humans?

Posted Images

Has anyone been to the shops today and seen what they're like? We're hoping to maintain our 'weekly top-up' food shop if we can and I guess it could change between now and this weekend when we go out but just getting an idea of how others have fared today if you've been?

I haven't but a family member visited a Tescos earlier.  Said it was actually very quiet and whilst there was still no toilet rolls available, lots of other things were there and it seemed like the shelves were getting fuller now and closer to normal.  Hopefully people have decided to stop being nobheads.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has anyone been to the shops today and seen what they're like? We're hoping to maintain our 'weekly top-up' food shop if we can and I guess it could change between now and this weekend when we go out but just getting an idea of how others have fared today if you've been?

Our local small-ish Coop is more empty than it has been recently. There were 2 loaves of bread though 😮

I feel like I'm not going to see eggs again until this is over though...

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I went to the village coop. Still no meat at all (haven't been able to buy any from anywhere for around 2 weeks now). Very little fresh veg or fruit - managed mushrooms and grapes. They also had blueberries but they didn't look very good, and one bag of stir fry veg. There was plenty of milk, a little bit of butter and cheese and two cartons of fresh cranberry juice. Freezer section almost completely empty (chips, hash browns and ice cream were the main things left). Some rice available but I didn't need any. No flour of any sort, or toiletries or toilet roll (looks like I need to continue using bubble bath as soap!). There were some cleaning products. 

I'm in a vulnerable group on medical grounds and have been needing to do far more traipsing around to look for food the last couple of weeks than I ever have before.  Was out for 4 hours on Saturday trying different places (I have several supermarkets which are around half an hour away, but they are in different directions from where I live) and came back with 3 courgettes, a butternut squash and some bubble bath to use as soap. 

Friday afternoon was spent attempting and largely failing to do an online food shop. Morrisons are booked for 8pm on Saturday 4th April which was the first slot I could book from anywhere. Tescos, Asda and Sainsbury's literally had no delivery slots I could book within the next month. I'm hoping I might be able to add to the Morrisons order before next weekend as it is currently a very weird order due to the amount of stuff out of stock.

I keep a week's worth of snow supplies in over the winter (things that are non-perishable and can be heated up on a camping stove).  Some of those have now been eaten and there is another lot of snow to come at some point. I would expect it next week as it is normally just after lambing starts round here. Hope it doesn't stop my Morrison's order reaching me!

34 minutes ago, White Band said:

I went to the village coop. Still no meat at all (haven't been able to buy any from anywhere for around 2 weeks now). Very little fresh veg or fruit - managed mushrooms and grapes. They also had blueberries but they didn't look very good, and one bag of stir fry veg. There was plenty of milk, a little bit of butter and cheese and two cartons of fresh cranberry juice. Freezer section almost completely empty (chips, hash browns and ice cream were the main things left). Some rice available but I didn't need any. No flour of any sort, or toiletries or toilet roll (looks like I need to continue using bubble bath as soap!). There were some cleaning products. 

I'm in a vulnerable group on medical grounds and have been needing to do far more traipsing around to look for food the last couple of weeks than I ever have before.  Was out for 4 hours on Saturday trying different places (I have several supermarkets which are around half an hour away, but they are in different directions from where I live) and came back with 3 courgettes, a butternut squash and some bubble bath to use as soap. 

Friday afternoon was spent attempting and largely failing to do an online food shop. Morrisons are booked for 8pm on Saturday 4th April which was the first slot I could book from anywhere. Tescos, Asda and Sainsbury's literally had no delivery slots I could book within the next month. I'm hoping I might be able to add to the Morrisons order before next weekend as it is currently a very weird order due to the amount of stuff out of stock.

I keep a week's worth of snow supplies in over the winter (things that are non-perishable and can be heated up on a camping stove).  Some of those have now been eaten and there is another lot of snow to come at some point. I would expect it next week as it is normally just after lambing starts round here. Hope it doesn't stop my Morrison's order reaching me!

Fricken heck WB. Sounds absolutely brutal. Where about you live as I’m down south and the supermarkets are just started showing signs of recovery but local butchers have been good for meat 

Stay strong buddy 

I've found petrol garage shops and local corner shops are the best bets. Tend to get refilled daily.

Got eggs, milk, toilet roll and chicken from the little family owned corner shop near me when the huge supermarkets were cleared out. Nice to support independents too! 

• Like 1

Just a quick post to highlight the good that has happened during this tough time. Now I’m not gonna sit here and praise the government as we all know there are things they could’ve done quicker, better or differently. I just want to highlight that the country has got things to proud of. 

Firstly a big shout out to the 500,000+ people who volunteered to help the NHS. Putting themselves at a higher risk including my 60yr old Aunty who only retired after 40yrs service in August from the NHS but willing to step back into the eye of the storm

The speed and efficiency of the military and civil servants in setting up Operation Nightingale which will provide up to an extra 4000 bed for the seriously ill.

The (slight) improvement of admitted patients showing the green roots of positive  effect of social distancing. 

The British spirit of helping others in greater need that I have witnessed by either doing odd jobs or just checking in with them in my village. Strangers are more willing to stop and talk to others now. Whilst maintaining 2 meters gap. Also after the initial possible selfish panic buying people are a lot more considerate  The telephone befriending initiative seems to be a success in Brighton  too  

The Action of Banks and large corporations introducing mortgage gaps etc to help people and small businesses. 

The economic package promised by the government to protect workers, businesses and the self employed. 

On a personal note I’m enjoying my time spent with my kids. They are really set into a routine now and it’s a pleasure to see them play with each other (today they’re building a den ) rather than the bickering that usually occurs. 

Celebrities using their platform for good. Wether it’s Joe Wicks morning workout (which we do every day) or footballers raising money online. To Football clubs offering their facilities to NHS staff and the countless individuals that helping or setting up projects in areas that are important to them. 

The last thing is the environmental benefits that are occurring. Venice is reporting that it’s canals have never been so clean. And with the massively reduced pollution/carbon emissions it can only be a good thing. 

I know everyone will have different experiences and there is still a lot more to be done. I don’t want to play down the dangers this virus still possesses, but just wanted to spread a bit of good news 

Stay safe oneBoro 👍

• Like 5

Also, my commute is absolute heaven now (on the days I can't work from home). No more battling to get over the tees flyover. It's knocked a good 10-15 mins off my commute.

• Like 1