• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure the only way that fans will be allowed back to grounds will be with a face mask on, ( Boro's knocking them out on line 8 quid)  its a strange one because how on earth do you social distance i

You can/could (previously) only buy tickets if you were registered online with the ticket office. If the club dedicated a section of the ground to walks ups, track and trace would be a piece of cake.

Might be good to question why there is no season streaming pass, and/or why the international season pass has been discontinued. I understand that it's perhaps an EFL issue but it's maybe something th

Well I wanted to renew but I don't see a point in renewing in the current climate. Surely the club will see sense and push back the early bird deadline. We can't even commit to a time we're playing football this season, never mind next.

I emailed the club regarding the early bird renewal date and got the following reply:

"The Season Card Renewal Deadline, still remains on April 9th 2020 at 5pm.

However as you’re probably aware things are changing on a daily basis. If anything was to change from us as a club we will have this as a press release on our official website and social media platforms.

I would advise to keep checking the website for updates in regards to your enquires towards the deadline and the remaining fixtures of the 19/20 campaign."

So like most things these days, it's a wait and see! I also asked if we would get a refund for this season's games that we didn't get to see (assuming we don't), but they conveniently forgot to answer this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They've not said otherwise as far as I've seen. As mentioned in the returning thread, I'd not bother renewing until it's clearer what the situation is with regards to getting a seat. All joking aside, it's a very risky investment for the potential of zero return.

I'm sure the only way that fans will be allowed back to grounds will be with a face mask on, ( Boro's knocking them out on line 8 quid)  its a strange one because how on earth do you social distance in the stands and the comcast. I honestly don't know what measures will be introduced so I haven't renewed yet because I want some clarification as to what is actually happening.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/season-card-renewals-202021

Some updates on season card renewals, basically 2,000 more will be available for last year's season card holders and you'll be able to submit a 'Pledge To Renew'. It sounds like they want everyone to pay into it and request a refund if your name isn't called out of the ballot though? That feels a bit weird.

This is the timing of it:

The Early Bird pricing renewal window will re-open at 2pm on Friday September 4 (online only). Telephone bookings will be available from 10am on Monday September 7 and all bookings will close at 4pm on Wednesday September 9. Please note the ticket office counter will not be open*.

There's a lot of points to go through but the big one for me that makes me feel slightly happier not renewing is this:

We recognise that some fans may feel vulnerable in attending fixtures during these times and taking this into consideration, we can confirm that all 2019/20 Season Card Holders will retain their privileges and carry forward to 2021/22 irrespective of whether they renew for 2020/21.

It doesn't explicitly say this but I'm hoping that means for 2021/22, last season's season ticket holders will maintain the privilege to a reduced season card price for next season, whether they renew for this season or not.

I was seriously considering renewing as I really miss going to the football. Me and the wife absolutely don't leave the house for anything other than a food shop or the odd trip to see parents at the moment, it's a bit demoralising... but it's kept us safe from the virus. I'm very unlikely to take the risk now, knowing I will still be able to get a cut-price ticket next season (though I'd be very shocked if they don't go up in price next year anyway).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/season-card-renewals-202021

Some updates on season card renewals, basically 2,000 more will be available for last year's season card holders and you'll be able to submit a 'Pledge To Renew'. It sounds like they want everyone to pay into it and request a refund if your name isn't called out of the ballot though? That feels a bit weird.

It sounds like you pledge, and if you "win" you get to go to the games, and if you "lose" you get a streaming pass out of it & first go at any extra tickets that become available. 

Can't think of any fairer way, honestly.

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It sounds like you pledge, and if you "win" you get to go to the games, and if you "lose" you get a streaming pass out of it & first go at any extra tickets that become available. 

Can't think of any fairer way, honestly.

Yeah, and notably they will give you a pro-rata refund at the end of the season for any game you couldn't attend. So whilst you are still giving out full whack to begin with, if you don't end up going then you get a fair chunk of your money back at the end of the season. Quite a commitment for potentially little return but then they will also offer immediate refunds to anyone who doesn't win in the ballot. It's not as weird as I first thought.

The EFL do have to make it complicated they coulda had 500-1000  5-10% of allowed capacity available to non season ticket holders in weekly ballots so we can all have the chance to make it to a Boro game in the next season. But the EFL put the regulation only season ticket holders can go.😄